PCOM Library User Agreement
Engagement in any of the activities included in the restrictions below may result in immediate suspension of a user's access to e-resources. Breaches of the Library's agreements with publishers could result in the suspension of access to the resources for the entire PCOM community.
Electronic resources provided by the Library are governed by license agreements with publishers. The following restrictions apply.
- Sharing access is forbidden.
- Copyright restrictions apply.
- Downloading excessive portions of databases or electronic journals is prohibited.
- Posting downloaded material on a website or to an email list is prohibited.
- Use of material for commercial purposes is prohibited.
- Material may not be modified or altered.
- Publishers' copyright statements and logos may not be removed.
Additional restrictions may also apply to additional electronic resources.
Neither UpToDate nor Micromedex is licensed for use by Volunteer faculty. UpToDate and Micromedex is only available to current PCOM employees and enrolled PCOM students.
Additionally, to use Micromedex, you must commit to the following restrictions:
- you will not access this database at a medical facility (clinic or hospital) via the PCOM link.
- you will not use this information for clinical purposes, but for academic work only.
You are permitted to download summarized content to your mobile device for use while in hospitals or other clinical settings. However, for access via desktop computer while in a medical facility, you must utilize the facility's subscription or forego online access if there is no current subscription.
This information can also be found on the Library's Access page.